Curiosity is productivity. It is difficult to find people without curiosity. In our childhood, we were more or less curious. But when we become adults, we lose some of it. Still, at some point, we feel curious about our lives and surroundings. Curiosity leads us to want to know more. Scientists have been studying this matter for many years and now they say that curiosity gives birth to productivity. The more curious you are, the more productive you are.
The Science of Curiosity:
A lot of scientists are analyzing how curiosity occurs in a person. For finding better results, scientists have studied hundreds of people using magnetic resonance imaging. The result shows that each time a person is curious about something, two different brain areas become activated, one focused on motivation and reward, and another focused on memory. According to scientists, curiosity is the mechanism that the brain uses to highlight the information that is really worth remembering. The study also implies that curiosity is related to health. When we desire to discover new things, our memory works more accurately. So being curious reduces the risk of neurological and cardiovascular diseases. In 1996 a study was published about Psychology and Aging, where after analyzing more than one thousand adults during 5 years it was seen that those qualified as “more curious” lived more and with better mental health.
Why Curiosity Gives Birth to Productivity?
Curious people enjoy greater mental health because they “train” their brain constantly. This makes them smarter than the average because they have the better analytical capacity and easier problem-solving ability. At the same time, curious people are never satisfied with how much they know. They always seek to learn new things that they can apply to their lives and become more productive in many ways. Experience gathering is the main passion of curious people. They never stop.
Curiosity helps people in many ways like; it clears our thoughts and gives us a better perspective of life. Curious people don’t accept things the way they are. They search for truths. They look for the why and the how, and by understanding the functioning they are able to make things more efficient. Curious people also view problems from different perspectives and seek alternative solutions to achieve their goals efficiently. While looking in many ways, curious people automatically become creative. And who doesn’t know that creativity leads us to productivity?
How to be curious?
There are a lot of ways. Here are 5 for you.
- Read vastly and be Impartial: One of the easy ways to become curious is to be impartial and read widely. You need to have an open mind towards everything that is new in your life. And when you read a lot of things, you gather more experience which leads you to curiosity. Remember, you have to be willing to discover something new, to invest time to learn something that interests you and start looking for new opportunities.
- Question things: Be like a kid who is interested to know everything. Don’t take things for granted, rather question. We all know about Albert Einstein, but do you know how he became the pioneer? Einstein didn’t become famous for his extraordinary ability to study what his teachers taught him. It was actually his ambition to question things and to have his own ideas which led him to develop his theory of special relativity.
- Be Enthusiastic: When you are enthusiastic, you become interested in a particular subject. To become an enthusiast, you need to mix fun with your works. You can also set some challenges and try to overcome those with the intervention of your friends or co-workers.
- Avoid boredom: Being bored, you lose your curiosity. So when the target is to become curious, you must avoid boredom. To get rid of boredom, you need to do things that interest you. Learn new trends, read different books or learn a new language.
- Explore the World: Increase your curiosity by exploring the world. You can start exploring your neighborhood. Discovering things or places is really fun. Try from today and start getting results.
Curiosity makes you productive and also keeps you healthy, so the first thing you need to do is being curious.