That’s why they say, “perception is projection.” What you think, you become. Your thoughts control your daily life. If you think negative, you will see mostly problems in your life, on the contrary, your positive thoughts make your life fulfilled. But changing thoughts is no easy task, you need to have an open mindset along with the ability to coping with various situations. You are the sole owner of your life and you only can make it better or worse. So, change your thoughts to change your life. For your help, here are some ways to start with.
1. Meditate: The most important work is preparing yourself for the better. Meditation is the best way to prepare yourself. Start by taking a deep breath. Be conscious of your breaths. We are only living because we breathe. So, when you can control your breathing habit, you become prepared for the rest of your work. Along with taking a deep breath, create positive affirmations. Affirmations are the root of all things that happen in our life. You can create positive affirmations so as negative. Negative affirmations ruin your life. So, concentrate on making positive affirmations. Change your thoughts to get positive feedback. For instance, when you start a project and think always that I might not be successful, that or this will happen, you create negative affirmations. So, you should think that I will be successful or I intend to do my best here. Project on those positive thoughts you create and stick to it. So continue deep breathing and create positive affirmations.
2. Ask Why: The thing is that, don’t ask why to your situations or to other people’s work rather ask yourself. For example, “why I become happy when I buy a new cloth?” You definitely know a new outfit makes you happy, but you never asked yourself the reason behind happiness. Now you answer the question according to your positive affirmation. “ I become happy because a new outfit or cloth makes me confident, makes me look better.” Happiness lies in you, it doesn’t depend on others. Once you become clear about your daily life, you become more conscious about how you live, you start feeling happy and the change begins.
3. Appreciate What You Already Have :
“If you realize that you have enough, you are truly rich.” ~ Lao Tzu.
If you appreciate whatever you have in your life, you are one step closer to your goal. Everyone wants to be happy and successful. That doesn’t mean people can’t be happy until they are successful according to their terms. You must aspire in life, think big, but at the same time, you must appreciate the little things you have, the little success you get. This trait of appreciation sets the path of your goal.
4. Live in Present: Past is gone and think that there is no future. You are alive right now, this present moment is everything and you need to live, cherish this moment. Your present makes the future. So, if you enjoy your present, you will see, eventually, you have a better life. And past is gone so there is no meaning crying for it. Past experiences prepare you for your better present. This moment is only true and grab it. Enjoy your life, enjoy little happiness and you will see how life blesses you.
“The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.” BUDDHA
5. Declutter And Slow Down: The world is such a place where everyone is running constantly. People are always in a rush to do something, to go somewhere. I am not asking you to step down from the race, I am asking you to slow down a bit. Don’t rush things. Take time and think wisely, act better. Our mind and brain are cluttered from every day’s chaos. When you take deep breaths, you need to focus on one point. One at a time. Don’t think about different things altogether. It makes your brain slow. So declutter all possible unnecessary things from your head and mind and focus on what’s important.
6. Express Gratitude: We can live and change our lives until we die. It is a great miracle that we are in this world. So it is obvious that we would feel grateful. Express your gratitude that you wake up every day and living well. Be thankful to the universe, to god and spread the joy among the people around you. Help people as much as you can. This feeling will make you even happier.
At last, you will be able to change your thoughts and life, but you need to focus on what you are doing. You need to be aware of your life. You will have to have an open mind and the will to see things from different perspectives. Only then, you will get your desired result. Take the first step consciously and you will see that the rest of the steps are coming you automatically.